I would like to take this time to acknowledge the people and events that have inspired, entertained, and moved me is some way this month.
- Props to Julia Johansen for surviving her first black eye. Here’s the post. Full color pictures included.
- Jiu Jitsu Style a new European BJJ magazine, and its writers, Megjitsu, Slideyfoot, and Meerkatsu. Good luck guys on your new endeavor.
- BJJGRRL. Her comments are turned off for now, so that she can refocus on training. That doesn’t mean she’s not still here. She is still writing and lurking around the blogsphere reading and commenting on other people’s blogs.
- Dev of the blog Fueled by Fear. He’s moving on to a new chapter in his life, and will not be blogging anymore. Dev, we love you and your blog. We will miss you. Thanks for everything. His blog is still up for now so read while you can.
- Georgette Oden and her unwavering support of the BJJ community. Speaking of support she has info for an upcoming Hillary Williams seminar on her blog. Sounds like fun.
- Christian Graugart of BJJ Globetrotter who recently started his round the world tour of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu schools. I’m looking forward to reading about his adventures.
- Props to Jeff Messina for his successful women’s BJJ program at Revolution Dojo. In a few short months he has enabled fifteen women to start training in BJJ. Many of which have already crossed over into the regular class and are out there rolling with the guys.
- Major props to Cassey Herkelman and Megan Black for being the first girls to compete in the Iowa State Wrestling State Championship. What an accomplishment!