There were seven items that I wanted to focus on in March. I’m fairly satisfied with the things that I achieved. Then there are those OCD moments when I critic myself too much. Overall, I think I did well considering all the upheaval in my family life.
- Attend at least 3 classes a week. (I was able to average 2.5 classes a week.)
- Continue developing ways to prevent guard pass. (I was incorporating some new techniques, so my guard got passed a little more this month.)
- Improve transitions between guard positions. (I did really good here.)
- Develop sweeps to dominant positions from each guard. (I’m satisfied with this area for now.)
- Transition from butterfly guard to spider guard. (Done and getting smoother.)
- Transition from butterfly guard to x-guard. (Also done and getting smoother.)
- Sweep opponent from butterfly guard to mount. (I have developed two butterfly guard sweeps. I’m able to use them on the female white belts, but not the male blue belts.)