I would like to take this time to acknowledge the people and events that have inspired, entertained, and moved me is some way this past month.
- Heavytraining received his purple belt AND got married. Congrats!
- Funny post of the month is “My Wife Does JiuJitsu And I Hate It”, by JiuJitsuMap.
- Props to Alvis Solis of the blog 50 by 50: A Personal Challenge. His personal challenge is to compete in 50 tournaments before his 50th birthday. You are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing your journey.
- There’s a new blogger in town. Catch her at dragonladyBJJ.
- I’ve started reading The Huffington Posts page called Combat Sports.
- Allie is writing a book! Click on her name to get publication information.
- Bakari Akil II, Ph.D. has published a book called A Vampire on the Mat.
- Beware, a box of tissue is needed for this one. I would like to bring to your attention some fighters of a different sort. Rebecca Frankel writes a weekly blog called Rebecca’s War Dog of the Week for Foreign Policy. The pups featured here, embody all the character traits of a true martial artist.
- The Kids Team at my school have dominated for the BJJ Revolution Team. They received 1st place at the Texas International Grappling Festival on 4/9/2011. AND, I found a video that proves it. Feast your eyes…
If you’ve got blogshere news, please share by leaving a comment! I would love to hear from you.