I would like to take this time to acknowledge the people and events that have inspired, entertained, and moved me is some way this past month.
- Julia Johansen was promoted to blue belt!
- Liam Wandi of Part Time Grappler frame, got a stripe on his purple belt!
- The BJJGRRL herself, Leslie bought her first house. Check out the pictures on her blog.
- Combined Fighting Systems has a great video series called The Technique Of The Month, featuring Mestre Ricardo De La Riva.
- The Jiu Jitsu Brotherhood has a video that demonstrates a simple concept that can give you a huge advantage.
- Jen of Family Mat-ters has a new must read series. It’s called “So Your Kid Is Fighting In Their First BJJ Tournament.” It’s not only good for parents, but also adult competitors too.
- Who is “The Most Dangerous Woman In The World”? That would be Lucia Rijker. I’ve always loved telling this woman’s story. Read it yourself at Blogspot’s Female MMA. All women fighters should take a moment to thank her for beating down some doors and helping to clear the way for us to compete in combat sports.
- Team Results for Zebra Tournament Series Houston 5/21/11
- First Place: BJJ Revolution Team – 191 Points (Yes, that is my school rocking first!)
- Second Place: Elite MMA Baytown – 186 Points
- Third Place: Paul Thomas BJJ – 116 Points
If you’ve got blogshere news, please share by leaving a comment! I would love to hear from you.